The Bullet of a Coward

This is a script I just put together fill free to use it however you like.
_______________________________________________________

Characters:

Stacey-(wife of Dave)  Nags a lot at her husband

Dave-(husband of Stacey)  Alcoholic father

Connor-(child) very depressed child


Start:

(Stacey is sitting on the couch waiting for her husband to come back from the bar. Dave enters.)

Stacey: (Stacey stands up quickly about to speak but is interrupted by Dave)

Dave: will the queen begin her pointless and utterly annoying speech.

Stacey: We're where you.

Dave: Oh baby do we really have to play dumb now.

Stacey: You disgust me.

Dave: (tries as hard as he can to stay standing) Yes I do, yet you bear the ring that perfectly states till death do us part. Doesn't sound so promising now does it? Yet I remember the bright smile on your face when you were setting up your funeral arrangements. Oops, I'm sorry wedding arrangements.

Stacey: I swear to god if you keep on going out with your little group of friends and stay up all night and get drunk as all hell, I will divorce you!

Dave: (sits on the couch) First of all, we all know we shouldn't bring god into this. He looked away from this marriage a long time ago.

(Dave takes a pause)

Dave(cont): Divorce, that's a funny word, it means "do you remember all the things you promised, doesn't matter now."

Stacey: I have tried to help work on this marriage for so long David but...

(Connor enters)

Connor: Mom are you ok.

Stacey:(Stacey puts her hand on Connor's shoulder) It's ok baby you can go back to bed.

Dave: Yeah son go back to bed.

Connor: I wasn't talking to you.

Dave: (Dave stands up) What the hell did you just say to me.

(Dave walks up to Connor)

Dave(cont): Don't you ever, disrespect me in my house!

(Dave starts to walk away)

Connor: You stop disrespecting my mom first!

Dave: Boy if I hear one more thing out your god damn mouth I swear-

Connor: -What your goin' to hurt me. You already cause enough pain already.

(Dave charges at Connor and pulls a gun right up to his head)

Dave: Say something now I dare you!

Stacey: David, please! Put the gun down!

Dave: Not so tough now, coward.

Connor: I am a coward.

(pause)

Connor(cont): You're a coward just like me.

Dave: I'm not a coward. I can pull this trigger anytime I want with no hesitation.

Connor: Do you think that's why I look at you as a coward. no, no, no, no. You're a coward because instead of facing your mistakes you fight them. I can bet my whole life you can pull that trigger right now and not think twice about it, but the only coward here would be me. I have to stay in my bed holding a pillow to my ears so I won't hear the screaming and the yelling. 1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep. How many sheep do I have count till I get to cows, chickens, pigs, ducks? I am a slave to the thought that one day we will all live happily and our lives would be rainbows and butterflies. Too bad, I already counted those. So I am the biggest coward in this whole situation because how did I not think of grabbing your gun and letting all my sorrows wash away sooner.

(pause)

Connor(cont): shoot me, shoot me. Shoot me!

(Dave is shaking finger still on the trigger)

Connor: Do it.

(Dave screams then gunshot is heard, two bodies still stand, one is a still frightened mother and the other and surprised yet emotionless son)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something interesting

SOMEONE TO CHECK OUT!

song of the day! #6