Essay (Fahrenheit 451)

For my essay, I chose to do Option #2

Bradbury's language and syntax are used to convey how Montag's inner world differed from the world around him. The way Bradbury arranges his words and the tone really makes a difference in the way of making images in our mind to understand the story better. When Montag sees Mildred committing suicide Bradbury puts a mental image in our mind so we can understand what Montag is feeling and, how shocked he also is when the airplanes are going by. When Bradbury wants us to get a certain feeling or idea without us having to use much thought he shortens and makes easier to read were even a third grader can understand.

 I'm going to be completely honest most of what Bradbury says and what we're supposed to understand I don't fully get it. Whenever Dr.preston reads a certain chapter from the book and then he explains what Bradbury tries to say, I'm almost always in shock, because I never know how he got all that from like one little paragraph. I chose this option because after reading the book and Dr.Preston explaining how important figurative language is, I finally have a good idea on why it's so important. In my short story "Fear" I tried to put all those elements to work to make a story I'm actually really proud of.

Montag is a very important character even though to be honest he wasn't my favorite character in the book. This is just a little note that I caught in the book I don't know if its right or not. At the beginning, its starts by saying "It was a pleasure to burn." I took that line and thought, at the end of the book when Montag meets Granger he sees the fire and to him, fire always meant to destroy but this time it was different. To him, it even felt different. We use fire sometimes as something to cool off and sometime if you feel that great sensation of warm air as it hits your skin it can even feel like a pleasure.

Montag's feelings are different from what's happening in the world around him. These feeling start around the time when Montag notices how important and wonderful books are to him. Everyone around him is not thinking they're just watching screens while life is going past them. Everyone wants to banish books because it asks for critical thinking while Montag is starting to question and realize what's really going on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something interesting

SOMEONE TO CHECK OUT!

song of the day! #6